Therapy Groups 2019
Teaching Growth Mindset & Social-Emotional Learning to help kids believe in themselves, get along better with friends, and to never give up!
Teaching Social Skills, Social-Emotional Learning, and Growth Mindset to help kids:
Identify and manage emotions, get along better with others,
Build positive self-esteem and to keep trying, even when things get tough!
We will learn how our brains work, how we can handle BIG feelings and frustrations, and how to embrace challenges. We will use movement, music, games, and art to practice applying what we learn to build healthier relationships and have lots of FUN in the process!
Please call for dates & times.
Middle School Group
6th – 8th Graders
Following the books The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, Middle Schoolers will explore friendships, dating, technology, emotions, school, family, and personal values and learn skills to:
- Be Proactive – Take initiative for their own lives
- Begin With the End In Mind – Set goals for the future
- Put First Things First – Prioritize
- Think Win-Win – Find solutions to difficult problems and resolve conflicts
- Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood – Build healthy communication skills
- Synergize – Have mutually respectful relationships and work as a team
- Sharpen the Saw – Practice self-care in the midst of changing bodies and emotions.
Therapy Groups run for 6 weeks,
Cost is $60 per session (regardless of attendance) and includes all supplies and materials.
For more information, contact:
Kristen Felter, LCSW-S
4413 Spicewood Springs Road, Austin TX 78759